Loving Heart Designs Headline Animator
Welcome to Loving Heart Designs.
First of all, I would like to say "Thank You" to all my readers, subscribers and followers. If you would like to stay on top of things at Loving Heart Designs you may subscribe by email, RSS, Google Friends Connect, Google+, NetworkedBlogs, Facebook, Twitter and more.(See Social Connections below)
:: Blog Frog :: Facebook :: Feedburner :: Pinterest :: Networkedblogs :: Twitter :: Zazzle ::
"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24
Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories
Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories
Big Books In Little Hands
As a new reviewer at MyBlogSpark , my first opportunity was the wonderful project featured by Cheerios Spoonful of Stories. I received the following books: “The Great Dog Wash” by Shellie Braeuner (English/Spanish), “Monkey and Me” by Emily Gravett (English/Spanish), “A Fresh Bill on Capitol Hill Duck for President” by Doreen Cronin, and “When Dinosaurs Came With Everything” by Elise Broach. Our favorites were the hilarious dinosaur and duck books. The illustrations in each book are wonderfully creative. I am sure your child will enjoy having any of these books read to them.
Cheerios Spoonful of Stories Children‘s Book Contest focuses on the importance of children reading and the value of having parents and children read together. There is also a contest to find the next great children´s book author!
Over the past seven years, Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories has given away more than 35 million children´s books by distributing them free inside cereal boxes and has donated nearly $3 million to First Book, their non-profit partner, which provides books to children from low-income families.
In addition to encouraging children to read, Cheerios is looking for anyone interested in writing children´s books. Now in its third year, the Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories New Author Contest is a way to encourage previously unpublished, up-and-coming children´s book authors and to continue to nurture a love of reading. Entries are being accepted March 16 through July 15, 2009 and will be judged on appropriate story and content for children ages 3-8, emotional connection, writing quality, uniqueness, and read-aloud potential. More details on the contest can be found at www.spoonfulsofstoriescontest.com.
Shellie Braeuner, the first year´s winner, won for her book "The Great Dog Wash". This nanny from Nashville won a $5,000 cash prize and the opportunity to have her book reviewed by Simon and Schuster Children´s Publishing. Simon & Schuster offered Shellie a book deal - and will publish her book, illustrated by Robert Neubecker, in hardcover this summer. In addition, Cheerios will be featuring "The Great Dog Wash" free inside 1.5 million boxes of Cheerios. The book has been specially printed in paperback in both English and Spanish and will be available free inside boxes of Cheerios this spring.
Cheerios winners of the second New Author Contest:
* Lori Degman, of Vernon Hills, Ill., won the top prize for her story, "1 Zany Zoo." In addition to winning a $5,000 cash prize from Cheerios, Degman earned the opportunity to have her book reviewed by Simon & Schuster Children´s Publishing. Simon & Schuster has since offered Degman a book deal; her book is expected to be released in 2010, initially in paperback distributed inside Cheerios boxes, and later in hardcover sold in the market.
* Cheerios also named two runners-up in the contest: Tameka Fryer Brown, of Charlotte, N.C., for her story "I´m Not Eating That!" and Joan Stradling, of Star Valley, Ariz., for her story, "Who Invites a Pig to Dinner?" Both Brown and Stradling will receive a cash prize of $1,000 from Cheerios.
Submit Your Story:
If you are interested in submitting your original children's book story, you must do so by July 15, 2009 at Cheerios Spoonful of Stories Children‘s Book Contest.
Win a Gift Set:
I have the pleasure of offering to one of my readers a Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories gift set which includes a copy of the “The Great Dog Wash” by Shellie Braeuner as well as three other fun and entertaining books from the Spoonfuls library!
To enter, answer this question: If you could be a character from a children´s book, who would it be?
For Additional Entries do one or all of the following: (Leave a separate comment for each, include your email!) Example: gahome2mom AT gmail DOT com
* Add My New Button. (2 Extra)
* Blog the contest, link back to post. (2 Extra)
* Follow Me on Blogger - Publicly
* Follow Me on Twitter - List Twtr Name @gahome2mom
* Twitter @gahome2mom, List Twtr Name (Daily Extras Available)
* Friend Facebook - Search for Janet Carter
* Subscribe by Email (Sidebar)
* How did you find my site?
* Add this contest to a Mr. Linky (Tell me what blog/link)
Sample: ** ReTWEET daily, come back and post it!
Win a Cheerios Spoonful of Stories Gift Set! http://tinyurl.com/cx47j5 @gahome2mom
***Non-Bloggers: Of course you can enter too! Make sure you leave me your email address in your comment. And if you have a profile on Blogger, make sure it is set to PUBLIC.
This contest ends May 25th, 2009. I will email the winner and post it on the blog. The winner has 48 hrs to contact me. A new winner will be chosen if I do not hear from you within that time period. Thanks for all the participants. Have fun and good luck! :)
For another chance to win, visit Loving Heart Mommy. Ends May 25th, 2009.
Review by Janet Carter
Copyright © 2008 -2013
Loving Heart Designs, Since 1998.
This blog was started 10/30/2008.